Student Loan Crisis
The student debt crisis has reached $1.6 trillion and holds back millions of Americans from fully participating in our economy and crushes their ability to reach financial stability. Every American should have access to higher education without sacrificing their entire future to student loans. Borrowers deserve relief through loan cancellation to start fully participating in home ownership, saving for their future, and financial autonomy. Adam is committed to bipartisan efforts to address this issue and all options are on the table.
- We must immediately provide relief through student-debt cancellation, but that must happen in the broader context of education reform
- We must stop the for-profit college industry and provide better alternatives to career and education pathways
- We must eliminate predatory student lending that perpetuates racial disparities in our higher education system
- We must enact the ability to release student debt through bankruptcy
- Affordable education is essential to a thriving democracy
Gun violence and the second amendment
Every day in the United States, more than 100 people are killed with guns and more than 230 are wounded (Everytown, 2021). Gun violence affects more than those killed or injured. Adam believes in common sense gun reform that eliminates violence and supports those who most need mental health counseling and services.
- Common sense background checks are essential
- Red Flag laws protect people in crisis from accessing firearms
- 14 days between purchase and pick-up would prevent impulse terror
- Investment in intervention based solutions is critical to help identify and de-escalate dangerous situations
- We must double our federal investment in mental healthcare services
- In a ban on assault weapons with high capacity magazines
- The Founders of our nation could not have imagined the assault weapons that are legal and on the streets today
Adam believes that the current situation at our border with Mexico shows that we need to build upon our embassies and consulates throughout the Americas to include American Migration Service Centers (AMSCs). AMSCs would provide rapid response operations to assist immigrants locally—so they could begin their journey legally, safely and with dignity. AMSCs would provide local jobs and provide hope for those in search of opportunity.
AMSCs would prevent unmanageable migration influxes at our border and free up resources so border agents can focus on the real danger at our border—drug cartels smuggling narcotics into our country.
We expect to share our comprehensive immigration plan in the summer of 2021.
LGBTQ+ Equality for all
We expect to share more on this important issue in April